The All Party Parliamentary Group on the Chinese in Britain (APPCBG) is a cross-party group of MPs and peers whose primary purpose is to promote the interests of the Chinese community in Britain within Parliament.
The APPCBG provides a forum for cross-party Parliamentarians, senior policy makers, academics, leading community figures and other interested parties to have an informed discussion on issues concerning the Chinese in Britain. It also takes the lead in promoting the integration of the British Chinese into UK society through dialogue, representation and participation in the UK democratic process.
The Group was first established in 2006. BC Project has provided secretariat support for the APPCBG since its inception. APPCBG 2016-2020 consisted of the following members:
- Barry Gardiner MP – Brent North, Chair
- Kate Osamore MP – Edmonton, Chair
- Andrew Mitchell MP – Sutton Coldfield, Secretary
- John Spellar MP – Warley
- Nadhim Zahawi MP – Stratford on Avon
- Catherine West MP – Hornsey & Wood Green