BC Project promotes the political representation of British-Chinese through education, participation and representation.
Our overarching message is simple: without political participation, we do not have a voice.
- Spread the message ‘the Chinese community needs your vote’
- Inform British-Chinese voters of their rights and responsibilities
- Promote awareness regarding how Chinese participation can influence the political process
- Work with community and media partners to reach unregistered and unconcerned British-Chinese voters
- Develop Multi-language aid programme for voter registration
- Encourage British-Chinese community across the country to organise and become vocal interest groups
- Assist British-Chinese interest groups to express opinions in the public and on media
- Support Chinese community members’ participation in their local associations, such as school governing body or NHS trust
- Inspire Chinese community members to join UK political parties of their choices
- Raise the profile of the British-Chinese community in the overall UK society through active interaction and cultural exchanges
- Demonstrate the tangible benefits of Chinese political representation to the Chinese communities, and society at large
- Identify and support next-generation British-Chinese political leaders